Firefighters were able to quickly control a fire on the exterior of a condominium Monday night in Bel Air, Maryland.
A news report on baltimoresun.com (http://bit.ly/QrRzII) says the fire is being blamed on improperly discarded smoking material. The fire did an estimated $25,000 damage to the exterior of the building.
The fire on the balcony of the four-story building was discovered by a neighbor shortly after 11:45 p.m., according to the state fire marshal’s office. About 20 firefighters responded to the call.
Incidents such as this underscore the fact that, even outside, smoking materials that are improperly discarded can pose a danger to structures.
Read more about this incident at http://bit.ly/QrRzII.