A firefighter was among four people injured Sunday night in a four-alarm fire at a commercial establishment in Baltimore, Maryland.
Firefighters first responded to the Chicken & Trout carryout restaurant in the city’s Irvington neighborhood about 7:45 p.m. to find heavy smoke in the three-story building’s first and second floors and an active fire, Chief Kevin Cartwright told The Balitmore Sun (http://bit.ly/Oj3CGU).
Three people in the building were rescued, Cartwright said. One was taken to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center. The two others were taken to area hospitals, though Cartwright said he did not know which ones. The injuries were all deemed nonlife-threatening.
A firefighter, one of nearly 100 to respond to the fire, also sustained a minor burn on his face and was transported to the burn unit at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Read more at http://bit.ly/Oj3CGU.