Firefighter Injured at Pasadena Courthouse Fire

Fire crews found various hazardous materials containers while responding to a small fire in a storage room at the Pasadena Courthouse early Monday, prompting a HazMat response that temporarily shut down the surrounding area, reports KTLA 5.

The fire was reported about 1:30 a.m. on the courthouse’s third floor, according to Public Information Officer Lisa Derderian of the Pasadena Fire Department.

When fire crews arrived at the courthouse — which is located at 300 E. Walnut St. — they made their way to the third floor and discovered smoke along with the containers, Derderian said. The fire was quickly extinguished, the spokeswoman said.

One firefighter inhaled a possibly toxic substance and had to be treated at the scene for “exposures,” according to Derderian, who stressed the incident was not burn-related.

The firefighter was not taken to a hospital and was expected to be OK, she said.

Neighboring fire agencies have been called in to assist with the removal of the hazardous materials.

Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/1Ox7jGG

 

No posts to display