By Douglast Mitchell Jr.
Many places all over the country are taking advantage of government rebate programs and incentives to harness the energy of the sun.
While brands, styles, manufacturer, and installers vary…a key component is recognition. Hazards such as electrical shock, added roof weight and limited vent are just a few. Please check out the drill and these links to prepare yourself for the photovoltaic (PV) Array.
Download this drill as a PDF HERE (1.4 MB).
RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING
- Solar Panels 101
- Construction Concerns for Firefighters: Solar Collectors
- UL Releases Report on Firefighter Safety and Photovoltaic Systems
- Firefighting in Big Box Stores
- WPI Researchers Examine Fire Safety Concerns Raised by Green Buildings
- Study on Firefighter Safety for Solar Power Systems Released
- The Impact of Solar Energy on Firefighting
- NJ Assembly Panel Approves Solar Panel Bill to Help Protect Firefighters
DOUGLAS J. MITCHELL JR. has more than 20 years in the fire service and is a lieutenant in the Fire Department of New York. He previously served in Fairfax County, Virginia. He is a vice president of Traditions Training LLC and has co-authored the book 25 to Survive: Reducing Residential Injury and LODD (Fire Engineering).
MORE RECENT DRILLS