Not all fires occur in structures. This fire involves a fire of unknown origin and materials in a city sewer system. All traffic in the area has been stopped.
Assume you are responsible for initially establishing command at this fire.
Other units responding are what your department would send on a report of a incident of this type.
Answer the questions below or make your own strategic, tactical and task level questions to answer.
- What Would You Do? Downtown Commercial Fire
- What Would You Do? Car Accident, Wires Down
- What Would You Do? Rail Tanker Car Fire
- What Would You Do? Two-Story Residential
- What Would You Do? 2-Story Commercial Building
- More Fire Training Simulations
John “Skip” Coleman retired as assistant chief from the Toledo (OH) Department of Fire and Rescue. He is a technical editor of Fire Engineering. a member of the FDIC Educational Advisory Board; and author of Incident Management for the Street-Smart Fire Officer (Fire Engineering, 1997), Managing Major Fires (Fire Engineering, 2000), Incident Management for the Street-Smart Fire Officer, Second Edition (Fire Engineering, 2008) and Searching Smarter (Fire Engineering 2011) and 2011 recipient of the FDIC Tom Brennan Lifetime Achievement Award.