In this first video, McGrail discusses high-rise apartment firefighting, including establishing a fire attack stairwell and a place of refuge in case of a wind-impacted fire event; the role of the truck company in recon; hoseline drop points; door control; and more.
RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING
- Standpipe Operations: Facts and Fiction
- HIGH-RISE /STANDPIPE HOSE PACKS: A PRIMER, part 1
- HIGH-RISE /STANDPIPE HOSE PACKS: A PRIMER, part 2
- Denver Firefighters Undertake High-Rise Training
- ENGINE COMPANY STANDPIPE OPERATIONS: TACTICAL USE OF 21⁄2-INCH HANDLINES, PART 2