In this Training Minutes video, Nick Martin and company demonstrate some techniques to make this challenge–forcing entry on the hinge side of an outward-opening door–run smoother.
- More Training Minutes
- Training Minutes: Stretching the Attack Line
- Training Minutes: Moving the Attack Line
RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING
- When Seconds Count: Forcible Entry Objectives
- FORCIBLE ENTRY USING A SET OF IRONS
- Forcible Entry Techniques for One Firefighter
- The Vertical Deadbolt Lock
NICHOLAS MARTIN is a battalion chief with the Columbia (SC) Fire Department and a 20-plus-year veteran of the fire service. He previously served as a lieutenant with the District of Columbia Fire Department. He is a vice president of Traditions Training, LLC. He has a bachelor’s degree in fire science from the University of Maryland and a master’s degree in management from the Public Safety Executive Leadership program at Johns Hopkins University.