In this Training Minutes video, Nick Martin and company examine some of the issues firefighters face when confronting fires in knee walls. They examine such topics as ventilation concerns, the potential storage fuel load, and more.
RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING
- Structure Fires: Beware of the Danger Above Your Head
- Drill: Opening Up on Cape Cod-Style Homes
- Converted Cubicles
MORE NICK MARTIN
- More Training Minutes
- Training Minutes: Stretching the Attack Line
- Training Minutes: Moving the Attack Line
- Training Minutes: Forcing the Hinge Side of an Outward-Opening Door
- Training Minutes: Forcing the Hinge Side of an Inward-Opening Door
- Training Minutes: Roof Access
NICHOLAS MARTIN is a battalion chief with the Columbia (SC) Fire Department and a 20-plus-year veteran of the fire service. He previously served as a lieutenant with the District of Columbia Fire Department. He is a vice president of Traditions Training, LLC. He has a bachelor’s degree in fire science from the University of Maryland and a master’s degree in management from the Public Safety Executive Leadership program at Johns Hopkins University.