Two Firefighters Suffer Electric Shock While Providing Aid at Fatal Michigan Incident

Two firefighters suffered electric shocks while rendering aid to a homeowner who went into cardiac arrest during an incident Monday in Crockery Township, Michigan.

A report from ( said firefighters were responding to a call in which a 43-year-old male victim was found lying in the grass in the front yard next to a SkyTrak lift.

The lift’s boom was reportedly raised and touching a power line when five firefighters arrived on scene. The report said that firefighters attempted to use an automated external defibrillator to revive the patient, but at one point a firefighter stepped near a front tire of the lift and was shocked.

That firefighter fell onto another firefighter, who suffered a minor shock. The firefighter who was initially shocked reportedly went into cardiac arrest at the scene. He was revived at the scene and transported with serious injuries.

The patient was pronouned dead at the scene, the report said.



No posts to display