Eleven people were inside a Long Island home early Friday morning when a fire erupted, reports CBS New York.
A man and a woman, tenants on the second floor of a Roosevelt rooming house, jumped for their lives and escaped serious injury.
A 50-year-old man was trapped and could not be saved, Smith reported. He was later discovered in his bedroom.
nvestigators said the landlord may not have installed smoke detectors, Smith reported.
Just hours after firefighters put out the fire, the unstable, gutted house had to be knocked down.
The Red Cross is currently caring for nine adults left homeless by the fire, Rivera reported.
Read more of the story here http://cbsloc.al/1bVQxEc