UPDATE: A law enforcement official says that the 20-year-old suspect in the Connecticut school shootings killed his mother at their home Friday and then drove his mother’s car to the school where he went on a deadly rampage, reports the Associated Press (http://bit.ly/Z7UI7S).
The Huffington Post reports (http://huff.to/WbClJI) that students were led single file from the schoolhouse to a nearby fire station. Parents alerted to the catastrophe by text messages and emails sent by the school district arrived hoping to find their children safe.
Newtown Patch (http://bit.ly/U04PYv) reports that officials will identify all victims in the mass killings — including the shooter, who took his own life — on Saturday.
Lt. J. Paul Vance of the Connecticut State Police said that all family members of the deceased have been notified, Vance said.
Early reports on a mass-shooting incident in Newtown, Connecticut, said 27 people had been killed. Twenty of them were reportedly children.