Los Angeles (CA) firefighters battled an intense fire in an apartment house fire for over 90 minutes before bringing the blaze under control.
The fire involved a new construction, seven-story building in the framing stages in the downtown area of Los Angeles.
The cause is under investigation and the loss is being tabulated. The building stretched for two blocks and caused closure of the 101 (Hollywood and 110 Harbor Freeways for over two hours. Fires broke out in nearby high-rise offices.
See more photos from the scene HERE.
RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING
- Lumberyard in the Sky: Fire Retardant Treated Lumber
- Fireground Size-Up: High-Rise Buildings Under Construction
- FIREFIGHTING OPERATIONS IN HIGH-RISES UNDER CONSTRUCTION
MORE RICK McCLURE
- Fire Crews Battle Fontana (CA) Pallet Fire
- Los Angeles (CA) Fire Department Battles Storage Facility Fire
- Colossus Roller Coaster Fire
- North Hollywood (CA) Pallet Yard Fire