Men Using Auger Break Gas Line, Causing Fire in Columbia (MO)

Two men received fire-related injuries Wednesday afternoon after an auger they were using at a Columbia residence broke a gas line.

Charles Dunlap

Columbia Daily Tribune, Mo.

(MCT)

Two men received fire-related injuries Wednesday afternoon after an auger they were using at a Columbia residence broke a gas line.

The Columbia Fire Department responded at about 2 p.m. with eight units.

The fire was melting siding of the residence at 4710 Sussex Drive. Fire crews connected their lines and started to spray the house with water to prevent further damage.

The call was upgraded when firefighters learned the fire was due to a gas leak, the department reported. Ameren Missouri shut down the line, extinguishing the fire.

The two men received burns to their arms and face. One was transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, while the other refused treatment. There were no additional injuries, the department said.

This article originally appeared on Columbia Daily Tribune: Men using auger break gas line, causing fire in west Columbia

___

(c)2021 Columbia Daily Tribune, Mo.

Visit Columbia Daily Tribune, Mo. at www.columbiatribune.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

No posts to display