By Jillian Fennimore
Somerville – A two-alarm fire on Jaques Street has left at least nine people homeless and a five-unit residential building uninhabitable.
At approximately 6:30 p.m. on Monday, crews were dispatched to a fire that ripped through 35R Jaques Street and an adjacent garage behind 37 Jaques Street.
Firefighters trudged through the charred remains of the house after quickly extinguishing the fire, ripping down second-floor ceilings and putting out small flames that sparked at the rear of the house.
No firefighters were injured and all tenants escaped to safety.
Read more HERE