The Levittown Fire Department responded to a fire ignited by fireworks in a Long Island shed on Sunday, according to a report from CBS 2 News. The fire resulted in a small explosion which injured three firefighters.
The report also indicated that fireworks were stored in a three inch PVC pipe in the shed. Heat from the fire then caused the pipe to explode, according to the Nassau County Fire Marshal’s Office and the Arson/Bomb Squad. One firefighter was struck in the leg, another in the chest by projectiles from the explosion. The third firefighter was burned in the face.
The three firefighters were treated at a local hospital then released.
Read more about this incident HERE.