Off-Duty Fire Chief Saves IL Family from Fire

An off-duty deputy fire chief help escort a family to safety when he noticed their house was on fire last week in Evanston, Illinois.

Evanston Fire Division Chief Geoff Block was driving by the home when he saw that the roof of the three-story house was on fire, according to a report from the local CBS affiliate (http://cbsloc.al/zKjyUm). Block called in the fire then rushed into the home and alerted the family, who didn’t realize their house was ablaze.

Firefighters arrived on scene in less than three minutes and contained damage to just the top floors of the home. No alarms sounded because the flames were burning the upper floors and smoke was drifting away from the sensors.

The fire was reportedly caused by a faulty fan.

No posts to display