Sacred Heart (MN) Family Loses Everything in House Fire

A young family's home in Sacred Heart looks to be a complete loss after a fire broke out during the early morning hours Thursday.

Shelby Lindrud

West Central Tribune, Willmar, Minn.

(MCT)

Jun. 12—SACRED HEART — A young family’s home in Sacred Heart looks to be a complete loss after a fire broke out during the early morning hours Thursday.

The fire was reported around 3:21 a.m. Thursday at the 700 block of Second Avenue in Sacred Heart, according to a news release from the Renville County Sheriff’s Office.

The family living in the home was able to escape without injury, according to the release.

A GoFundMe page, gofund.me/2ef5c69f, started to raise money for the family identified them as Austin Enestvedt, Evonne Womack and their infant son, Jace.

The family pets were unable to escape the fire and perished, the Sheriff’s Office release said.

The fundraising page said the family lost everything in the fire and was in immediate need of essentials such as clothing, food and other basics. They also lost all they had recently obtained for the baby. The goal of the fundraiser is to raise $5,000. By 2 p.m. Friday $1,000 had already been donated.

The preliminary investigation of the blaze has shown that the fire began on the southeast side of the home, the news release said. A damage value has not been made and the fire remains under investigation.

Assisting at the scene were the Sacred Heart Fire Department, Sacred Heart MRU, Renville Fire Department, Granite Falls Fire Department, Granite Falls Ambulance Services, the Minnesota State Fire Marshal, the Granite Falls Police Department and the Renville County Sheriff’s Office.

___

(c)2021 West Central Tribune (Willmar, Minn.)

Visit West Central Tribune (Willmar, Minn.) at www.wctrib.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

No posts to display