St. Charles firefighters battled three structure fires Wednesday that shuttered a downtown restaurant, scorched the attic of a private home and killed an entire coop of chickens, reports The Daily Herald.
The first fire began early Wednesday morning at The Office Dining and Spirits restaurant in St. Charles. The establishment opened at 201 E. Main St. just three years ago. The fire caused about $125,000 in damages and rendered the building uninhabitable, according to Fire Chief Joe Schelstreet.
A second fire erupted in the backyard of a house on the 900 block of South Seventh Street only four hours later.
The third fire of the day broke out about three hours later at a home in the 800 block of Persimmon Court. Fire officials believe an attic fan used for ventilation caught fire. Firefighters quickly snuffed out the fire, confining it to the immediate area of the attic fan and its structural framing.
Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/1nFoLuJ