Three children died in a mobile home fire in San Augustine County, Texas, on Wednesday night.
Broaddus Volunteer Firefighter Amy Williams told KTRE (http://bit.ly/uMObeF) that the father of the children was home when the fire started and had pulled all three children out of the house. Williams and her husband, who is an EMT, immediately performed CPR on the children with the father’s help, but they could not revive the children.
The children were pronounced dead at a San Augustine hospital. They reportedly died of smoke inhalation.
Preliminary investigations show the fire started near the kitchen while the family slept.
The death of anyone in a fire is devastating, but the loss of children can be especially taxing for firefighters and first responders at the scene. For a training program on this tragic subject, consider Free Firefighter Training: When A Child Dies on A Call.