Three Dallas firefighters have been treated for minor injuries suffered during a house fire apparently linked to a lit cigarette, reports The Associated Press.
Dallas Fire-Rescue authorities say six people who live in the home escaped harmed Monday night. Neighbors helped some of the occupants flee.
Investigators say the accidental fire apparently began when an occupant failed to completely extinguish a cigarette after smoking in the garage.
Two firefighters suffered minor burns due to a smoke and gas explosion. A third firefighter was injured during overhaul procedures.
All three firefighters were treated and released from a hospital.