Three firefighters were injured while trying to rescue a woman from a two-alarm fire at a burning house in Manchester (NH) at around 3:30 a.m. Monday, reports whdh.com.
One of the firefighters spent time in a hospital’s intensive care unit to be treated for face and hand burns. A second firefighter has minor burns and the third hurt his leg. All the firefighters have been treated and released.
The 48-year-old woman suffered severe burns and has been taken to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. She has burns underneath her arms, on her legs, and on her hands from trying to escape through the kitchen window. She is expected to survive.
The fire on Walnut Street was started by a stove left on at 2 a.m. by the woman’s husband, Don Rene, who left after making hot dogs. He said they are in the process of moving and he left to get laundry from the other house when he must have accidentally left the stove on.
The woman awoke to the smell of smoke and went on to the porch in an attempt to escape the flames.
The door was left open which fueled the fire and left the woman essentially trapped on that second floor porch. Firefighters responded immediately but she was hesitant to come down out of fear.
Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/1fuCsiR