Three firefighters and a civilian were injured after a Kentucky apartment fire Sunday. The civilian, a woman, suffered burns and possibly smoke inhalation and was listed in critical condition, according to courier-journal.com (http://cjky.it/uYeOpc)
The four were transported to a nearby hospital. The firefighters were reportedly from the the Harrods Creek and St. Matthews fire departments.
A St. Matthews firefighter suffered second-degree burns on the hand and back, while another firefighter from that department suffered first-degree burns on the hand. Both also suffered smoke inhalation and were expected to stay at the hospital overnight. The Harrods Creek firefighter was treated for first-degree burns on the head and neck and returned to duty.
The fire appears to have started on the kitchen stove. Firefighters had removed the victim and had the fire under control in about 15 minutes.
For an article on similar incidents, read Mike Ciampo’s “Smells Like Food.”