By Brian Ward
Understanding fire behavior/fire dynamics is a very important aspect of a firefighter‘s job, and some things do not always appear as they seem. This week’s single-page lesson plan is great for delivering training on this very scenario.
Download this drill as a PDF HERE (444 KB).
BRIAN WARD is chief of emergency operations for Georgia Pacific–Madison, Georgia. He serves on the ISFSI board of directors and is a lead live fire credentialing instructor. He was the past Chairman of the Metro Atlanta Training Officers Association and is currently the Everyone Goes Home State of Georgia Advocate. He has a bachelor’s degree in safety and technology engineering, is a member of Georgia Smoke Diver #741, and is the founder of FireServiceSLT.com.
- Training Officer’s Toolbox: Computer-Based Training
- Training Officer’s Toolbox: Generations
- Training Officer’s Toolbox: Air Consumption
- Training Officer’s Toolbox: Assertiveness vs. Aggressiveness
- Training Officer’s Toolbox: Influence