UT Firefighters Hospitalized After Electric Shock

Two Salt Lake City (UT) firefighters received an electric shock when responding to a small electrical fire at a medical equipment business.

A fire official said power had been shut off to the structure but some power remained in some high-voltage lines, exposing one firefighter to “significant” electric shock. Another firefighter may have been exposed to the shock and both were transported to an area hospital.

Firefighters removed 375 people from the structure; one occupant was treated for smoke inhalation. Fire crews reportedly extinguished the fire within five minutes.

Read more from The Deseret News HERE.

 

No posts to display