Wiring Causes Fire at Philadelphia Warehouse

Faulty wiring is being blamed for a fire at a Philadelphia warehouse where a string band stores its props for the city’s annual New Year’s Day parade, reports the Associated Press.

Fire department Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says the fire was caused by permanent wiring and originated near the back of an auto shop at the site. One person was hospitalized.

Members of the Fralinger String Band said they found their props wet but undamaged. Fralinger is one of many clubs that participate in the Mummers Parade each Jan. 1. The band says it will definitely still participate in this year’s parade.

Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/YY76HC

Previous articleKentucky Driver of Fire Truck That Killed Pedestrian Put on Paid Leave
Next articleGas Line Explosion in West Virginia Sets Five Homes on Fire

No posts to display