The National Fallen Firefighters Occupational Cancer in the Fire Service Strategy Meeting took place recently in Washington, D.C.
At the meeting, Byran Frieders, a battalion chief in San Gabriel, California and president of the Firefighter Cancer Support Network, made the case that fire officers must provide the leadership that will help prevent cancer among firefighters. Watch his remarks in the video above.
HT Dave Statter.
- Firefighter Cancer Support Network Releases White Paper on Firefighter Cancer
- Join FCSN’s Latest Firefighter Cancer Prevention Initiative
- Michigan Governor Signs Firefighter Cancer Presumption Law
- Reducing the Incidence of Cancer Among Firefighters: Jacksonville’s Best Practices
- Ground Zero Cancer Cases Surge
- Report Highlights Cancer Among Jacksonville (FL) Firefighters
- NIOSH Study Says Firefighters Are More Susceptible to Cancer
- More Firefighter Health