In this month’s free firefighter fitness bulletin, Chris Brennan of Fire Service Warrior provides a basic warm-up based on moves reviewed in previous bulletins, and introduces the Thruster, a staple of CrossFit training.
For additional information about firefighter fitness and similar issues, visit http://www.fireservicewarrior.com. Also, consider Michael Krueger’s monthly fitness columns on Fire Life, such as “Toughness.”
CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN is a 14-year fire service veteran, a firefighter in the suburbs of Chicago, and the president of Spartan Concepts, Inc. He is a field instructor with the Illinois Fire Service Institute and has contributed articles to Fire Engineering. He maintains the Web site www.fireservicewarrior.com. He is the author of The Combat Position: Achieving Firefighter Readiness (Fire Engineering, 2011).
- Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: Burpees and Lunges
Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: Push-Ups and Pull-Ups
- Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: Sit-Ups and Flutter Kicks
- Firefighter Fitness Bulletin: Dead Lifts and Nutrition Tips
- Firefighter Fitness: Tips for the Fire Service Warrior
- Firefighter Fitness: More Tips from the Fire Service Warrior
- The Mission of the Fire Service Warrior