Matrox Graphics Inc. today announced the availability of the Matrox® Avio™ F120 fiber-optic KVM extender for the latency-free operation of a remote desktop at resolutions up to 4K. Designed for graphics and video-intensive applications such as broadcast and post-production, the Avio F120 transmitter/receiver set extends two single-link DVI (2x1920x1200) or one dual-link DVI (2560×1600 or 4096×2160) video and USB HID peripherals from the host system by up to 2000 m (6562 ft). The Avio F120’s uncompressed transmission delivers exceptional graphics and video playback performance, with the computer centrally stored in a machine room via a single duplex LC-LC fiber-optic cable–critical requirements in industrial process control, oil and gas, 3D design and visualization, and military environments.
The Avio F120’s support for 4K resolution content additionally provides a future-proof platform for professionals working with the industry’s next-generation video resolution standard. Users benefit from the extension of a dual-link DVI, 4K display running at 30Hz, with the transmitter unit able to clone and share the remote desktop on a local 4K projector.
“The Matrox Avio F120 offers the perfect marriage between performance and ease of deployment, resulting in a highly sought-after solution for all graphics-intensive environments,” said Caroline Injoyan, Business Development Manager at Matrox Graphics, Inc. “Remote operators enjoy the same user experience as at the workstation, while a single fiber-optic cable conveniently satisfies today’s most advanced distance, security, safety, and installation needs.”
Matrox will be showcasing the Matrox Avio F120 KVM extender at IBC 2012 at stand 7.B29, from September 7-11, 2012.
Matrox Avio F120 key features:
- Supports smooth HD, 2K, and 4K video playback without any dropped frames
- Extends two single-link DVI video with maximum resolutions of 1920×1200 @60Hz per monitor or one dual-link DVI video at 2560×1600 @60Hz or 4096×2160 @30Hz
- Drives maximum distances of 300 m (984 ft) in Multi-mode and 2000 m (6,562 ft) in Single-mode via an optional upgrade
- Includes USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse connectors, and multiple USB HID ports
- Enables another user to access the host computer on a secondary desktop connected to the transmitter unit for maintenance purposes or to share the remote desktop on a collaborative video wall
- DDC compliance and advanced EDID management for reliable communication between the remote monitors and host system
- Compatible with Microsoft® Windows®, Linux®, Unix, and Mac OS® X operating systems
The Matrox Avio F120 KVM extender is now available. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Avio F120 Transmitter
Part number: AV-F120TXF
- Avio F120 Receiver
Part number: AV-F120RXF