IFSTA’s Facility Fire Brigades, 2nd edition is an all-new training text designed to meet the training requirements for all levels of:
• Incipient Facility Fire Brigade Member
• Advanced Exterior Facility Fire Brigade Member
• Interior Structural Fire Brigade Member
• Facility Fire Brigade Leader
• Facility Fire Brigade Training Coordinator
• Support Member
ALL NFPA® 1081, Standard for Facility Fire Brigade Member Professional Qualifications (2018) JPR’s are included. Appendix A is the correlation matrix matching the JPR’s with the content in Facility Fire Brigades.
The manual will assist management and safety professionals in commercial and industrial occupancies with compliance to applicable laws and regulations regarding training and management of fire brigades. The manual is the perfect foundation for any fire brigade training program in any facility. Trainees and instructors will find benefit in using the 144 skill sheets to meet the JPR’s specified by the standard.
The training manual includes references throughout to:
• NFPA® 600, Standard on Facility Fire Brigades, (2015)
• OSHA regulations in Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 1910
To present in a logical, educational, training order, the skills for the manual have been included together at the back of the book. At the end of each chapter, a list of new skills and skills to review based upon the content of the chapter are included and page referenced to the appropriate skills.
Chapter 17 will address fire suppression operations at the advanced exterior level. Download the full chapter.