Ahrens-Fox and LeBlond-Schacht Companies Merge
A merger of The LeBlond-Schacht Truck Company and The Ahrens-Fox Fire Engine Company was ratified by stockholders of the two companies in Cincinnati on March 30. This plan brings under one roof two of the oldest automotive concerns in the country—the fire engine company continuing as a branch of the truck company, maintaining the Ahrens-Fox name.
Harold R. LeBlond, Secretary-Treasurer states: “The new company will continue to supply all parts and equipment for apparatus now in service and will continue to manufacture rotary, centrifugal and piston types of pumps. The additional manufacturing facilities and ample financial resources will enable the Ahrens-Fox Company to continue its outstanding record as manufacturers of fire fighting equipment. The management pledges itself to a continuation of the unparalleled Ahrens-Fox service.”
The present executive personnel will continue, both Mr. Fox and Mr. Ahrens being nationally known figures in pioneering improvements and innovations in fire-fighting apparatus.
The Ahrens-Fox Company is the outgrowth of the company which manufactured the first steam fire engine in Cincinnati in 1853. The present company was incorporated in 1905. Mr. Fox has been a leader in the industry for more than 40 years, while Chris Ahrens, father of the present Vice-President, was associated with early development of the steam fire engine.
The LeBlond-Schacht Company was founded by G. A. Schacht, one of the pioneers in the automotive industry. The company was incorporated in 1913 as the G. A. Schacht Motor Truck Company. The name was changed in 1927. Prior to the advent of the automobile. Mr. Schacht was engaged in the manufacture of ball bearing buggies.