All in Favor—
THE Birmingham, Ala. Fire Department has been making quite a name for itself—and incidentally for FIRE ENGINEERING.
- Birmingham is one of the many large cities that boasts a copy of FIRE ENGINEERING in every fire house.
- Unlike most other such cities, the department doesn’t enter a bulk subscription for this journal. Instead, it’s pretty much up to the men in the individual fire stations to decide whether or not they want FIRE ENGINEERING — and whether or not each year’s subscription shall he renewed.
- In order to be brutally fair about this, at least one company—the Central Park Fire Station, on Ave. Q. come renewal time, takes a poll of all the Brothers. Fach states whether he’s for or against renewal.
- How do we know this? Well, for one reason, on the back of the current 2-year renewal subscription invoice is this message: “All in favor of reordering FIRE ENGINEERING vote yes.” Then there’s a column under the heading “YES” and one under the heading “NO.”
- Nine names are listed under the “YES” sign. Not a name under the “NO”!
- And so we vote our thanks to Messrs: Pridmore, Griffin, Langley, Stewart, Smith, Rawlings, Perry, Rogers and Walker of the “Ave. Q” station, Birmingham Fire Department, for their vote of confidence in FIRE ENGINEERING.
- This is the sort of reader acceptance that has spurred on this Journal’s editors and advertisers for going on threequarters of a century !