American Society of Civil Engineers

American Society of Civil Engineers

The following officers have been elected for the current year by the American Society of Civil Engineers: Prof. George F. Swain, president; Mr. J. Waldo Smith and Mr. Charles H. Rust, vice-presidents; Mr. John F. Wallace, treasurer; Mr. Henry W. Hodge, Mr. James H. Edwards, Mr. Leonard Metcalf, Mr. Henry R. Leonard, Mr. Edward H. Connor and Mr. Samuel H. Hedges, members of the board of direction. The new members of the nominating committee elected at the meeting were: Mr. Sidney W. Hoag, Jr., for district 1; Mr. Charles T. Main for district 2; Air. E. A. Fisher for district 3; Mr. Richard Khuen for district 4; Mr. T. B. Berry for district 5; Mr. Frank M. Kerr for district 6; and Air. William Mulholland for district 7. The annual report of the board of direction for the year ending Dec. 31, 1912, showed that the society is growing rapidly. The membership on Jan. 1, 1913 numbered 6.777, a net gain of 451 over last year’s membership. The library now contains 21,907 bound volumes, 42,132 unbound volumes, 7,197 specifications and 4,598 maps, photographs and drawings, or a total of 75,834 pieces.

American Society of Civil Engineers.

0

American Society of Civil Engineers.

The nominating committee of the American Society of Civil Engineers has prepared the following list of nominees for the offices to he filled at the annual meeting on January 17: For president, John A. Ockerson, St. Louis, Mo.; for vicepresidents. Charles S. Churchill, Roanoke, Va., and Charles D. Marx, Stanford University, Cal.; for treasurer. Joseph M. Knap, New York City; for directors, Lincoln Bush. New York City; 1 Kennard Thomson, New York City: Emil Gerber, Pittsburgh. Pa.: Wirt. Cain, Chapel Hill, X. U. E. U Lewis. Nashville. Tenn., and W. A. Cattell, San Francisco, Cal.

Walter MeCulloli, who was consulting engiieer of the New York water supply commission ,vhen it was merged with the conservation coninission, has resigned to the conservation coinnission. Mr. McCulloh was appointed October I, 1907, and received a salary of $4,000.