Ammo Hits Oklahoma Firefighter in House Fire

Minutes before a fire overtook a home in Guthrie, Frank Megow and other firefighters from the Washington Volunteer Fire Department tried to save it, unaware of the hidden danger inside, reports KOCO 5.

“Landowner that owns the house, he has five to six hand guns,” said a man who lived in the home.

The fire’s heat started exploding the ammunition. “As we went to make entry in the structure that’s when the ammunition started cooking off,” said Megow. “I took two to the chest and one to the head,” he added.

Megow was hit by shrapnel. “Bullets, when they explode, it’s energy going both directions so that’s what pretty much saved me but I took a couple of hits,” Megow said.

He was eventually taken away in this ambulance.

Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/1nhLe57

No posts to display