The application period for the Assistance to Firefighters Grants Opens Monday, June 11 at 8 a.m. Eastern Time!
The primary goal of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) is to meet the firefighting and emergency response needs of fire departments and nonaffiliated emergency medical service organizations. Since 2001, AFG has helped firefighters and other first responders to obtain critically needed equipment, protective gear, emergency vehicles, training, and other resources needed to protect the public and emergency personnel from fire and related hazards.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 6, 2012, 5 p.m. Eastern Time
Who is eligible to apply?
- Fire departments (career, volunteer, and combination)
- Nonaffiliated emergency medical service (EMS) providers
What items are eligible for grant funding?
- Operations and Safety Projects: Training, equipment, personal protective equipment, modifications to facilities, wellness and safety projects
- Vehicle Acquisition Projects: Firefighting and EMS vehicles
- Regional Projects (benefiting multiple departments): Training, equipment, personal protective equipment
Funding Priorities: See the AFG Program Guidance and Application Kit for a description of the funding priorities for FY 2012.
Questions? Call the AFG Help Desk toll-free at 1-866-274-0960 or contact AFG staff members by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and to apply, go to http://www.fema.gov/firegrants/afggrants/index.shtm.