Barling (AR) Firefighter Injured in Fall Through Attic

[script src=”https://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=l4NWcwMDE6A4plma7Ppz1RNNfFv6rCmI&pbid=e32b1952e526440e8cfb2c72937dad7e”]

A firefighter was injured early Tuesday morning after falling through the attic at a house fire in the city of Barling, Arkansas.

Firefighter Robert Barker was treated for both lower back pain and arm pain following his fall at the burning home, according to KSFM.

“When we showed up on the scene we had smoke in the house and smoke in the attic,” said Edwin Anderson with the Barling Fire Department. “We had flames showing. We put a guy in the attic and he got tangled up in the fire hose and fell through the ceiling.”

Barker hit a washing machine on his way down. He was immediately transported to an area hospital, and was treated and released.

It took firefighters approximately two hours to control the fire.

Read more HERE.

No posts to display