Barn Fire at Palmyra
At Palmyra. N. Y., August 12, the barn of C. A, Marshall was burned with a loss of about $15,000. It was two stories high and of wood construction. The fire started from an unknown cause, at 1.20 p. m., and the structure was completely in flames when the fire department arrived. Eleven l 1/4-inch streams were on the burning structure through 3,800 feet of hose. There was a water pressure of 80 pounds, with five double 4-inch hydrants, 200 feet apart, to draw from, through 6 and 8-inch mains. Two lengths of hose burst. Wagons, furniture, stoves and hardware were stored in the building.