Biddle House Fire at Detroit

Biddle House Fire at Detroit

The old Biddle House, in the business district of Detroit, Mich., was damaged by fire August 12. It was about 200 feet square, six stories high and was constructed of brick, 65 years ago. The fire started on the third floor, at 4.20 p. m., and was caused by the careless use of gasoline. The fire was confined to the three upper floors. There were three alarms and 21 engines, two fire boats, six ladder and one water tower in service, under the command of assistant Chief William McGrau. There were 40 streams on the fire through 11,100 feet of hose, and there was an abundance of water.

No posts to display