Carbon Bisulphide Fire
A dangerous chemical fire menaced Baltimore’s Municipal Office Building for a time on March 11. A five-gallon carboy of carbon bisulphide which was being handled on the 12th floor, broke and the escaping liquid burst into flame.
Persons Were warned from the building and firemen were called. The first companies held the fire in check with carbon tetrachloride, while a call was sent for the department rescue squad. The squad arrived with their carbon dioxide extinguishers and put out the blaze.