Charcoal Fumes Fell 15 At Back Yard Barbecue

Charcoal Fumes Fell 15 At Back Yard Barbecue

Fifteen persons were overcome by carbon monoxide in Chicago Ridge, Ill., recently, when they moved outdoor charcoal braziers into a garage to continue a barbecue party. Several families had gathered in the back yard of the hostess. When the weather turned uncomfortably cool at 11 p.m., the guests entered the garage with the braziers.

Within half an hour, women and children were gagging and coughing. Two lost consciousness. The men, playing cards in the garage next door were called. Police and firemen rushed the victims to the hospital, where several recovered and were discharged at once. Five women were kept overnight.

No posts to display