Chico Residential Fire Causes 150000 in Damage

A home in Chico (CA) caught fire early Saturday morning causing $150,000 in property damage, reports chicoer.com.

The residents, who rented the home, were a Chico State University student, one Butte College student and two other young adults.

The fire was first reported at 12:35 a.m. and after a rapid initial attack, was quickly put out by the Chico Fire Department, Cal Fire-Butte County and volunteer firefighters.

The fire started in a resident’s bedroom during the span of 10 to 15 minutes, said Chico fire inspector Marie Fickert.

One resident had left her room to visit one of her roommates in another room. When she returned, she discovered her curtains had caught on fire. She warned everyone to leave the house, with their dog. The residents also had a cat, a tabby calico, that is currently missing, said Fickert.

There were no injuries to the residents or firefighters.

Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/VLkeIT

No posts to display