Chief Reynolds, of Augusta, Ga., Injured by Falling Chimney at Recent Fire
Chief Frank G. Reynolds, of the fire department of Augusta, Ga., was severely injured at a fire while engaged in putting up a 35-foot ladder when the chimney fell over and several bricks struck the chief on the head. Although he was much weakened by the blow and did not know how badly he might be hurt, Chief Reynolds refused to receive medical attention until the fire was over and he was back at headquarters. It was found that he had fortunately escaped with a severe scalp wound. Chief Reynolds was elected vice-president of the International Association of Fire Engineers at their convention last June, and it was stated at that time that he had received 41 wounds in fighting fires, so he can now count his 42d.