Chief W. G. Henderson, of Edmonton
W. G. Henderson, who was appointed Chief of the Fire Department of Edmonton, Alta., on February 23, to succeed Thomas G. Lauder, rose in the ranks from the bottom of the ladder after seven and a half years of faithful service in the department. Chief Henderson joined the department on October 10, 1907. On February 25, 1911, he was promoted to Luietenant and three months later to Captain. On June 1st, 1913, he was made Assistant Chief and transferred to Headquarters from No. 1 Fire Hall, where he had been since joining the force. When Chief Lauder resigned last February, Henderson was immediately promoted to take his place.