Cigarette Causes Theatre Fire

Cigarette Causes Theatre Fire

Fire, attributed to a smoldering cigarette, recently did damage estimated at $15,000 to the University Theatre, Berkeley, Cal., as it gutted the interior during a two-alarm fire.

Four firemen were injured as they fought the early morning blaze under direction of Chief William Meinheit. Chief Meinheit said the fire was caused from a cigarette left in the loge section, which is heavily carpeted, after the last show.

No posts to display