By Chris Mc Loone
The Fire Department Instructors Conference (FDIC) exhibit floor is where companies introduce their latest and greatest to the fire service. Although companies mostly highlight their products, this year Fire-Dex plans to showcase information innovations as well as its new products.
According to John Zbozien, director of marketing at Fire-Dex, the company is going to be showing, “our ongoing commitment to service for our customers.” To that end, the company plans to highlight:
- Industry best lead times: Its production team will talk about the company’s unwavering commitment to the elimination of waste and getting firefighters gear when they need it.
- Pinpoint order accuracy: The company’s completely rewritten custom gear configuration and Spec writing tool FireWriter2.
- Production excellence: “Quality in every [lock] stitch.” Several of our key production staff and management will be on hand to talk about what makes Fire-Dex different from all the rest.
- Guaranteed responsiveness: “Customer service; not just a department” – we will have our Customer Service and Customer Care representatives there to help answer question.
- Problem-solving solutions: Our new Gear Tracker program designed to simplify the tracking and recordkeeping required for NFPA 1851, Standard on Selection, Care, and Maintenance of Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting.
- FX-M Turnout Gear
- Fire-Dex is adding a new line of gear to its turnout line-up. FX-M is modern style of gear with contemporary features and proven performance.
- Dex-Pro Structural Glove
- Fire-Dex’s new Dex-Pro black leather glove has a broken-in feel with more dexterity in addition to great durability
Fire-Dex is introducing a new section to its booth: the Fire-Dex Resource Center. Information available will include:
- FEMSA User Information Guides
- NFPA 1851 turnout gear cleaning, inspection, and repair training information
- Individual care and maintenance information for Fire-Dex products
- Turnout gear material comparisons
- Fire-Dex product information
- Financing options through the company’s Community Leasing Program
- Examples of Fire-Dex turnout construction features that make its gear unique
- Examples of innovative turnout gear add-on options
Among the trends Zbozien expects to see emerge at the show this year is a focus how firefighters move once inside their PPE. “From a product perspective, we anticipate a continued focus on comfort, flexibility, and mobility—starting with product design and going all the way up the supply chain to new fabrics,” he says.
Zbozien sees several benefits to attending the exhibit portion of FDIC including hands-on exhibits where attendees can try on PPE, the opportunity to meet the people behind fire service companies, the ability to see competitors side by side, and in general seeing what’s new in the market. “[FDIC is] a very well run show that seems to get better and better each year,” he comments.