Bill Webb, executive director of the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) introduced Santa Claus to those gathered at the Crawford (TX) Volunteer Fire Department to accept two fire trucks, one ambulance, and other much-needed donated equipment. The Cheswold (DE) Volunteer Fire Company and the Hockessin (DE) Volunteer Fire Company donated a pumper, a rescue squad, and and an ambulance to the Crawford department.
Stephen P. Austin of CFSI worked to bring the apparatus and equipment to the volunteer fire department that protects the ranch owned by President George W. Bush. Austin is a past president of the Delaware Volunteer Fireman’s Association. The state’s volunteer firefighters have a long history of helping out those less fortunate fire departments around the country.
Austin gathered those who assembled in a tremendous show of support for the volunteers who protect the area around Crawford, Texas. He did also the legwork and persuaded suppliers to help out. The value of all of the equipment and supplies is more than $500,000.
U.S. Fire Administrator Dave Paulison, noted the dedication and community pride that he recognized in the volunteers who, like so many others around the country, give so freely of their time and energy.
Below are manufacturers and suppliers who provided tools and equipment:
- Curtiss Wright: Power Hawk Rescue Tool
- Eagle Eye Signs and Graphics: Ambulance lettering
- Foster Wheeler: Transportation of apparatus
- Fire Research Corporation (FRC): Lights
- International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA): Training materials
- Kidde: Hose
- Lowe’s Home Improvement Warehouse: Garage door openers
- Mid-Island Medical Supply: Stokes rescue basket, jump kit, and backboard
- Mifflin Valley Reflective: Traffic vests
- Motorola: Communication equipment
- MSA: Thermal imaging cameras
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA): Public education materials
- Onan: Portable generator
- Reflexlite North America: Reflective materials for apparatus
- Rogers Signs: Apparatus lettering
- Scott Health and Safety: Self contained breathing apparatus
- State Farm Insurance: Audio/visual equipment
- Tom Beiler/Amish County Gazebos: Transportation of apparatus
- Total Fire Group: Turnout gear
- W.C. Miller Trucking: Transportation of apparatus
- Wear Radio: Communication systems and service