Deputy Chief Scalded at Fire

Deputy Chief Scalded at Fire

Guy Walker, Deputy Chief of Denver, Colo., was scalded on the right side and right leg when he stepped into a vat of boiling water while the department was fighting a fire in a crate and basket plant.

Lights had been turned off. Chief Walker was making his way through a dark, smoke-filled room when he stumbled into the vat used for steaming logs. He got out unassisted. and after receiving emergency treatment, was taken to the Denver General Hospital.

The blaze is believed to have started from an overheated bearing in a fan, and the damage was estimated at $1,000.

No posts to display