Electric Fire in Augusta, Ga.

Electric Fire in Augusta, Ga.

Augusta, Ga., had a fire November 28 which destroyed the store of the Augusta Grocery Company, causing an estimated loss of $25,000. Chief F. G. Reynolds sent in a general alarm, which called the entire department into service. The fire was confined to the second floor of the building, where thousands of dollars’ worth of merchandise, including canned goods, flour, etc., were stored in pine boxes—splendid food for the flames. A whole carload of matches were also among the goods stored on the second floor, and were destroyed. The fire had its origin in a defect in some of the electric wires in the building, and the flames spread to every part of the second floor.

Author

  • News, dispatches, and updates from the editorial staff of Fire Engineering. Contact us .

No posts to display