Engine 30, Boston, Motorized
On October 18 a 750-gallon American-LaFrance motor pumping engine was installed in the station of Engine Company No. 30 on Centre Street, West Roxbury, Mass., taking the place of a horse drawn steam fire engine and horse drawn hose wagon. Chief Peter E. Walsh, of the Boston fire department, was present at the installation of the new engine
and gave a short talk to the officers and men regarding the operation and care of the pumper. The steam engine which has now been placed in reserve was a second sized Amoskeag and went in to service in November, 1890.