The Fire Engineering/ISFSI George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award recognizes individuals for extraordinary accomplishments in fire service training. The winner of the George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award:
• will have displayed a deep commitment to furthering the cause of the fire
service through training;
• will have advanced the cause of firefighter operational effectiveness
• will have gone above and beyond the call of duty in training;
• will have brought creativity and innovation to fire training programs, or will
have shown great persistence in pursuing an innovative program; and
• will have served as a positive model for other fire instructors and firefighters
throughout the country.
The George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award marks individual accomplishment. Therefore, while members of an instructional team or ad hoc training group, for example, will be considered, nominations in the name of a fire department or training academy are not eligible.
Nominations must be received by December 31, 2016.
Download the nomination form
Send them to:
George D. Post Instructor of the Year Award, Fire Engineering
21-00 Route 208 South
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410-2602