Popcorn Blamed in California Movie Theater Fire

Burned popcorn started a fire that prompted the evacuation of a movie theater Friday night in the city of Orange, California, according to a news report.

Firefighters extinguished the fire within five minutes of arriving on scene, the Orange County Register reported. There were apparently no injuries.

At 9:18 p.m., concession employees at the AMC 30 at The Outlets at Orange put the burnt popcorn into a metal container in a sink, which caused a fire alarm to go off. The popcorn caught fire in the sink.

Read more at http://www.ocregister.com/articles/fire-671261-orange-theater.html.

RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING

No posts to display